Sunday, September 19, 2010

calligraphy logo design

Since having uncovered my old calligraphy set and my dad's old fountain pens, the fingers have not stopped clicking on different calligraphy and FP websites.  Links and links later, I happily stumbled upon the lovely, lovely portfolio of Paperfinger.

It's really nice to see how the art of beautiful hand-written words is very much alive.  And their modern take on calligraphy is so refreshing while still maintaining that old, romantic charm.  I've noticed that a lot of weddings abroad still address envelopes and even invitations or thank you cards by hand, and I do hope that the raw appeal of such things hop on over to our shores.  It's one thing to use a calligraphy-inspired or handwritten font (don't get me wrong, I'm an avid fan of these types), but it's another thing to actually feel and see ink done by hand.  I feel that it adds a little bit of love and passion.  I am wishing that in my quest to study lettering and calligraphy, I could open a similar service here (wish wish wish!).

Anyway, to the actual feature of this post.  I'm reposting some of the shop's work on logo design, that I hope will inspire soon-to-be-wed couples (and me!). 




all photos are courtesy of: Ash Little Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...